Mathematical and experimental tecniques for quantitative descriptions of microbial bioreaction processes and an introduction to the principles and methodologies of metabolic engineering. Pre-requisites: Differential equations, linear algebra, biochemistry.
The student, upon completion of this course, should be able to:
- Perform microbial (eukaryotic/prokaryotic) stoichiometric balances.
- Check consistency of data derived from microbial processes
- Develop metabolic network models.
- Perform flux balance analysis using network models.
- Perform sensitivity analysis of simple linear pathways
- Develop metabolic engineering case studies.
- Blackbox Models
- Consistency Analysis
- Metabolic Flux Analysis
- Flux Balance Analysis