- Watershed hydrology and modeling
- Implications of evolving land use patterns and climate change
- Alternative futures analyses for land use planning and sustainability
- Geographic Information Systems and simulation of environmental processes
- Sustaining California’s food production through integrated water and energy management - A NIFA-funded INFEWS project designed to evaluate the potential impacts of an evolving climate on food production in California.
Assessment of Hydrologic and Water Quality Response to Intensive Cellulosic Biofuel Silviculture - The water quantity and water quality impacts from intensive management for biofuels are largely unknown, and yet there is increasing interest in increasing both the area and intensity of cellulosic biofuel development.. This work, funded by the Department of Energy, is designed to evaluate tradeoffs between cellulosic biofuel production and water quality.