Examines strategies for using a variety of biological processes for treating municipal, agricultural and industrial contaminants. PREREQS: MTH 251 and professional school or graduate standing.
- Knowledge of Contemporary Issues.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of contemporary bioremediation technologies
- Conduct a lab project using contemporary bioremediation processes
- Ability to Identify, Formulate & Solve Engineering Problems.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of terms and concepts
- Use knowledge of biological processes to identify conditions and requirements for bioremediation of contaminants
- Ability to Design System Component or Process to Meet Desired Needs.
- Determine the basic design parameters (pressure, duration etc) for microbial-based remediation approaches
- Determine the basic design parameters (size, type of plants) for phytoremediation